The National Weather Service's weather report for the Manasquan-Belmar area has changed slightly since yesterday, but snow is still likely.
The forecast calls for a 70 percent chance of snow after 5 p.m. on Friday with less than half an inch expected to fall throughout the day. The snow is expected to continue until 1 a.m., with a slight chance of snow after 5 a.m. Less than an inch is expected to fall during this time.
The freezing temperatures that have plagued the area for the last four days will continue through this weekend until Monday when a high of 40 degrees is predicted. There could also be a mix of snow and sleet headed to the area on Monday, despite the higher temperatures. This morning temperatures reached 14 degrees in Belmar.
Here is the National Weather Service's 4-day forecast:
- Today: A chance of snow, mainly after 5pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 27. Northwest wind 7 to 9 mph becoming southwest in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 30%. Total daytime snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Tonight: Snow before 1am, then a slight chance of snow after 5am. Low around 19. West wind 7 to 10 mph becoming northwest after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Saturday: Partly sunny, with a high near 30. Northwest wind 10 to 17 mph, with gusts as high as 28 mph.
- Saturday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 19. Northwest wind 13 to 15 mph.
- Sunday: Sunny, with a high near 34. Northwest wind 13 to 15 mph.
- Sunday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 26.
- Monday: A chance of snow before 10am, then a chance of rain and sleet between 10am and 1pm, then a chance of rain after 1pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 40. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Monday Night: A chance of rain. Cloudy, with a low around 35. Chance of precipitation is 30%.