yoga studio at 921 Main Street in Belmar will celebrate their grand opening with a ribbon-cutting ceremony Wednesday, May 9, at 5 p.m., the studio's owner said.
The studio, which offers yoga, dance and fitness classes for children, teens, adults and seniors, will have several borough officials, including Mayor Matt Doherty, on-hand for the ceremony and festivities to follow the ribbon cutting, owner Brenda Yarnold said.
The festivities will include food provided by Live Jolly, live drumming and music by Yogi Ananda, hula hooping, and a belly dance demonstration by Mihrima. Ladies are invited to stay for a free belly dancing class from 7:15 p.m. to 8:15 p.m., Yarnold said.
Yarnold said she created the studio with the intention of providing a safe space for children and teens to discover their passion, nurture their souls, and express themselves in a positive way.
The studio has since expanded to include classes for adults and seniors, she added.
It also hosts a number of wellness workshops including "Explore the Chakras" with Marcelle, and a "Sister Circle" held on full and new moon Fridays, Yarnold said.
In September, the studio will be hosting Tziporah Kingsbury for a "Beyond Breath" weekend, Yarnold said.
The studio is also offering a children's summer camp that begins the week of June 18 through Aug. 27, Yarnold said.
Bella Buddha's teachers include:
- Brenda Yarnold, M.A. (Reiki practitioner, yoga/children's yoga, SUP yoga, and booty camp instructor)
- Danielle Rizzi (yoga and booty camp instructor)
- Jess Madden (surf yoga and SUP yoga instructor)
- Kim Louie, (Nia and Zumba instructor)
- Leyna Ivans (Yoga and Aerial Yoga instructor)
- Marcelle McGovern (counselor, Reverend, and playshop facilitator)
- Dr. Martin Riccio (doctor of chiropractic)
- Mihrimah (teen counselor, belly dance instructor)
- Sally El-Sadek (yoga instructor, workshop facilitator)
- Talena Ward (Kripalu yoga instructor and Let Your Yoga Dance instructor)
- Wendy Green, B.S. Education (Reiki Level II practitioner, workshop and gemstone facilitator)