The Weekend's Best Nightlife
A look at the best in Jersey Shore nightlife for the weekend of July 22 to July 24
Have we really hit one of the last weekends in July? Seems entirely too soon to say summer is halfway over, but just because it may be doesn't mean the fun has to be! All the best bar specials are below, so soak up that salty air with a cold one!
You can’t avoid the reputation this ocean side club has for fist-pumping parties and MTV’s Jersey stereotypes but, you also can’t deny that you’ve always had a memorable night here. With a can’t-beat location and some of the wildest parties, D’Jais is a must-visit in the summer.
- Friday: World Famous After Work Happy Hour with the famous buffet and Coors Light prize wheel, no cover. Music by DJ Kirk Lopez, Kipple and Joe Giorgio. $2 Coors Light, $3.50 Blue Moons, $4 vodka drinks, $12 Coronita bucks and shot specials.
- Saturday: Kipples Beach Party from 3 to 8 p.m. with $3.00 Bud Lights, $10 buckets of rocks shot specials and music by DJ Robbie O.
- Sunday Funday: Off the Beach Happy Hour starting at noon with DJ Charlie Cavallo. $3.50 Bud and Bud Light bottles, $12 buckets of Coronitas and $10 buckets of Rocks. “In the Biz” night at 7 p.m. for service industry workers: no cover and $3 drinks. DJ Kipples at 7 p.m. and DJ Kirk Lopez at 10 p.m.
“Failze,” or “welcome” has been the slogan at this pub since 1981. A cozy, yet bustling place, Harrigan’s provides good times all around.
- Saturday: Craft Beer Festival from 1 to 4 p.m. with 20+ craft beers. Tickets are $40 advance, $45 at the door and includes beer samples, pig roast and live entertainment.
- Sunday: 2 for 1 Sunday Brunch (at the bar only) from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Operating in their 134th summer, The Parker House is nothing short of a shore institution. This historic spot attracts party-goers as well as families, and has a raw bar, daily drink specials, and late night entertainment.
- Friday: 3 to 6 p.m. $3 well drinks and $3.50 import pints. DJ Chopper kicks off the dance party downstairs at 7 p.m. and DJ George spins upstairs at 7 p.m. Downstairs band is Joe Baracata at 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday: Old #7 upstairs at 3 p.m.; DJ George at 7 p.m. Joe Baracata downstairs band at 7:30 p.m.
- Sunday: Todd Robbins downstairs at 3 p.m.; DJ George at 7 p.m.
Edgar’s is a great family spot for dinner, and also a party haven in the summer. With weekend entertainment, rows of big screen tvs, and late night DJs, you can see why this pub would get packed.
- Friday: Happy hour from 9 to 11 p.m. with $1 Coors Light bottles from 9 to 11 p.m. Dance party with DJ Joe at 9 p.m.
- Saturday: $2 Bud and Bud Light bottles 9 to 11 p.m. Dance party with DJ Big D at 9 p.m. “Steaks and Suds Night”: free domestic pint with steak purchase.
- Sunday: $2 Corona bottles from 9 to 11 p.m. Dance party with DJ Chris at 9 p.m.
The mother of all shore bars, Boathouse is a nautically-themed haven for surfers and beach-goers. They have killer drink specials and nightly entertainment.
- Friday: Mike Dalton Band performs live at 9 p.m. Drink specials include: (open to 6 p.m.) $1.75 domestic drafts, $2.50 domestic bottles, $3.50 premium drafts, (6 p.m. to close): $2.50 Bud and Bud Lights, $4.00 rum and cokes.
- Saturday: Rory Daniels Band plays at 9 p.m. Drink specials include: (open to 4 p.m.) $4 Bloody Marys, $3 Miller Lite bottles, (6 p.m. to close) $3 Sam Adams drafts and $4 Three Olives drinks.