Some Power Restored in Belmar
Majority of streets now clear of water, officials say
Limited areas of Belmar have had their power restored, according to officials.
Meanwhile, officials report that the majority of streets in town have been cleared of water. Crews continue to work clearing the streets of debris.
A fire reportedly broke out on Seventh Avenue and A Street Sunday night after power was restored to that area. It is unclear if there were any injuries.
Some more important updates from Belmar:
- The borough's Public Works has pumped out over 200 basements so far for free, according to Mayor Matt Doherty. Residents should call 732-681-3700 to get on the list.
- Bulk pick up of household items continues, now by Marpal.
- All trash must be placed in the grass strip between your sidewalk and curb. Do not place in the street. You do not need bulk stickers.
- FEMA in on site and at Borough Hall to consult with you on your needs.
- Halloween will be celebrated Saturday, Nov. 10, in Belmar.
- Election Day is Tuesday, Nov. 6. The only polling location in town will be at Borough Hall, 601 Main Street, open from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m.