Light Snow Monday To Make Way for Sunny End
Very little accumulation expected
After snow covered the ground on Saturday night the start to this week looks to bring more frozen precipitation to our area but not enough to stick to the roads or the grass.
The National Weather Service is predicting a mix of ran and snow before 4 p.m. today before shifting to a frozen concoction of snow and sleet until around 5 p.m. The mixture is then expected to shift back to ran and snow heading into the evening hours and all rain at night.
Today's high temperature will only be around 38 degrees according to the weather service and the low of 37 will not feel much cooler. The forecast for Tuesday calls for more showers early in the morning before the sun pushes through the clouds for a high near 48 degrees.
Tuesday night will be considerably colder with a low expected near 29 degrees. Rain could return on Wednesday on an otherwise warm day with sun and a high near 47. When the sun sets Wednesday night the temperature will dip again with a low of 27.
The forecast for the end of the week looks brighter with sun and a high of 41 on Thursday with a low of 27 at night. Friday will be much of the same with a high of 43 during the day and a low of 29 at night heading into the weekend.
Here is the National Weather Service's forecast for the Long Branch-Eatontown area:
- Today: A chance of rain and snow before 4pm, then sleet likely, possibly mixed with rain between 4pm and 5pm, then snow, possibly mixed with rain after 5pm. High near 40. East wind 11 to 17 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Tonight: Rain and sleet, becoming all rain after 9pm. Low around 37. Breezy, with a east wind 15 to 20 mph decreasing to 7 to 12 mph after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Tuesday: Rain likely before noon, then a chance of showers, mainly between noon and 1pm. Cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly sunny, with a high near 51. Light and variable wind becoming northwest 8 to 13 mph in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Tuesday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 31. Breezy, with a west wind 18 to 20 mph.
- Wednesday: Sunny, with a high near 42. Breezy, with a west wind 18 to 22 mph.
- Wednesday Night: A chance of rain and snow showers before 8pm, then a chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 29. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Thursday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 40.
- Thursday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 30.
- Friday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 39.
- Friday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 31.